[GRLUG] SMTP reverse DNS validation

Mark Farver mfarver at mindbent.org
Thu Apr 23 11:52:28 EDT 2015

Not sure what you are saying...did you get more than one result to a PTR
lookup?  Can you paste dig output displaying the condition?

Requiring anything beyond the existence of a PTR record on an incoming
message is problematic.  You can certainly give positive score to a machine
with valid and identical forward and reverse records but many legitimate
senders will not have that.

Mark