[GRLUG] vtigercrm, Amazon EC2, SLES 11 and Outlook/vtiger add-on

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Jan 27 13:09:19 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 12:36 -0500, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> Including 'index.php' in the logon URL turned out not to be the
> solution. The ClearOS support people suggested M$ apps don't behave well
> with the proxy server (squid). They euphemistically referred to M$ apps
> using "non-standard web methods." So we entered the URL in the Web Proxy
> Bypass on the ClearOS webconfig page and now it works fine.

This is accurate but not entirely true. "non-standard web methods" is
not fair - a great many applications do not deal correctly with HTTP
proxy servers [especially if they require authentication].

You can inform the Windows 'system' regarding your proxy configuration
via the proxycfg/netsh commands;  doing so might make it work.

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa384069%
28v=vs.85%29.aspx>

I think it is just as likely that the clients in this case do not honor
a 301/Location response and just stop.  That is quite common for web
service type applications.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383