[GRLUG] Ubiquiti issues

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Aug 28 13:36:28 EDT 2014

On Thu, 2014-08-28 at 13:04 -0400, Benjamin Flanders wrote:
> So my questions:
> Does DHCP need a certain % of open addresses in the pool?

Not "normal" DHCP, but I have only ever [and hope to only ever] use
ISC's DHCP server - what is packaged with every LINUX distribution ever.

> Could it perhaps be an issue of having the Ubiquiti Controller on the
> same server as the DHCP server?

No clue.

>   - I could start up a linux server on VMWare and put the controller
> on that.  I'm doing this right now(I just thought of this)

Good plan.

> I understand that this is the Linux Group and this could possibly be a
> windows DHCP issue so is there a local windows group I could go to if
> you all think windows is the issue.

Can you wireshark the attempt to acquire a lease?

> Could the Cisco switches be filtering or interfering somehow?

They could be, but not likely, unless you have setup some filtering,
etc..
--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383