[GRLUG] cron job an password

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Jun 11 16:00:41 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-11 at 15:37 -0400, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> Dear Folkert-jerk:
> You ought to find out what you're talking about before calling people
> names. I've known about permissions for years. It so happens that on
> both my fedora 17 laptop and on the clearos server I'm working on, the
> permissions for crontab as well as for all the various files under
> cron.d are 644.
>
> If you wanted to be helpful instead of being an *#$!@, it would have
> been sufficient to advise me that the relevant cron files were
> under /var/spool rather than /etc.

If you think I was be belittling you... be glad some others didn't
respond. I treat everyone unknown to me with the same level of detail
and examples and statements.

Please read when I write this:

        I would have responded to anyone asking this *SAME QUESTION* in
        the same manner asking what appeared to be a lack of
        understanding of permissions and file placement.

I'm sorry you have taken exception to this... for that I apologize. The
very least you could do is not be offensive.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"Our happiness depends on wisdom all the way."
    -- Sophocles