[GRLUG] cron job an password

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Tue Jun 11 15:37:53 EDT 2013

Dear Folkert-jerk:
You ought to find out what you're talking about before calling people
names. I've known about permissions for years. It so happens that on
both my fedora 17 laptop and on the clearos server I'm working on, the
permissions for crontab as well as for all the various files under
cron.d are 644.

If you wanted to be helpful instead of being an *#$!@, it would have
been sufficient to advise me that the relevant cron files were
under /var/spool rather than /etc.