[GRLUG] cron job an password

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Tue Jun 11 17:08:39 EDT 2013

Greg,

Three times you insultingly implied that I hadn't done the most basic
thing in Linux, which is check permissions, in addition to accusing me
of trying to obfuscate:

"If it happens, your installation/distro is broken and seriously needs
to be fixed. If *YOU* don;t understand permissions, please investigate
them."

And

"Please investigate permissions before you make more problems for
yourself. (the 10 characters at the beginning of the long listing)"

And

"Please review actual perms or attributes versus trying to obfuscate, it
works oh so much better."

If someone says, "It looks like anyone can read the various cron files,"
that to me would imply that the person does have knowledge of Linux
permissions and the problem is something different.

I'm sorry for over-reacting.

Eric