[GRLUG] Windows USB printing

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jan 12 10:43:55 EST 2012

At 09:24 AM 1/12/2012, you wrote:

>Remove them all.  Disconnect the printer. Reboot. Connect and
>reinstall the prtiner.
>
>>I've tried rebooting but that doesn't seem to help. Windows doesn't even
>>perceive the printer when I plug it in.
>
>Did you reboot with the printer disconnect and the printers uninstalled?

Found out the hard way - if you have a document that DID NOT PRINT,
you can disconnect, uninstall, reboot, rip apart, and continue to
otherwise trash the installed printer and it WILL NOT GO AWAY!!

For a printer to actually delete, the print queue must be empty.
Might have to reinstall just to clear the queue.

         Lee