[GRLUG] e-Books rule at Amazon

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Thu May 19 17:38:07 EDT 2011

Note that there's a Kindle App available on Android Market. I haven't
used it since I haven't purchased any books from Amazon, but maybe the
sweet spot is to buy a Color Nook, root it, and install the Kindle App.
Theoretically, that way you would have access to both stores, right?

You would still be dealing with the backlit LCD screen rather than the
e-ink of a physical Kindle, but if the screen is good enough maybe
that's not a problem.

On another note, the Nook comes with a "Nook Study" application for
renting books (college textbooks, for example) temporarily, but it's
only available for Mac and Windows. I did get it to run through WINE once.