[GRLUG] WebDAV/Alfresco confusion

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Tue May 24 20:56:49 EDT 2011

When I look at the Wikipedia article on WebDAV, the first thing it notes
about WebDAV is "The most important features of the WebDAV protocol
include: locking ("overwrite prevention")"

Yet when we use Alfresco with WebDAV clients rather than from the web
browser interface, there seems to be no locking or overwrite prevention
at all.

Are we using the wrong WebDAV client. Win 7 seems to have removed its
built in WebDAV client, so I've been using CyberDuck from Windows boxes
and the Nautilis WebDAV client from Ubuntu. The absence of locks also
seems to exist when using Quickr connectors from a Mac.

Or is this a flaw in Alfresco that doesn't happen with a different
WebDAV server?