[GRLUG] ATI Video

Ben Johnson benztronics at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 12:14:03 EST 2011

Hey Everyone,

I'm working on a kiosk project and am trying to integrate an ATI Radeon
x1550 using the S-Video out in a slimmed down version of Ubuntu.

The video card  isn't supported by ATI, but universal ATI driver seems to be
working just fine for VGA. The only problem is, The S-Video seems to be
giving horizontal RGB lines every few pixels. it seems to fine during the
boot process, so I'm guessing it's not a cable/dongle issue.

Just thought I'd see if any of you had any ideas as to a work around.

Thanks!

Ben