[GRLUG] OFF TOPIC Electric Car

Ben DeMott ben.demott at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 15:19:08 EST 2008

Capacitors are very good at storage, any electron based storage medium
doesn't necessarily suffer from storage shortcomings.
They suffer from Loss of Energy in the transfer process (charging).
Coal to Electricity, to Stored Electricity in a Capacitor has a potential
energy loss somewhere around 70%, that's quite a pill to swallow for
renewable energy ...
(and on top of that add transmission loss over an electrical infrastructure,
even more painful)