[GRLUG] BIND configuration for LAN

Rick Vargo rick at vargo.org
Wed Apr 9 13:25:27 EDT 2008

George,

If the zone is locally defined on the machine running bind (either
master or slave) it will not use forwarders for that domain because it
thinks it is authoritative. You can however setup the zone in question
to be dynamic and pull the info from no-ip using a script of sorts.

You may try adding both the local IP and the IP of no-ip's DNS servers
to your resolv.conf file. This may or may not work. If it does there
will be a delay as it queries named on your local box first for the IP
address.

Rick