[GRLUG] BIND configuration for LAN

George (Skip) VerDuin verduin at ameritech.net
Wed Apr 9 12:37:39 EDT 2008

Greetings...

Is there an experienced BIND admin in GR-LUG who can take a few minutes
to "talk" to me?

Issue: I am running named on a LAN workstation, almost everything works
OK -- but I hold a public registration at no-ip.org that I have not
successfully "overridden" with a local LAN IP address only for private
machines on the LAN.  I believe the problem I can't solve relates to
forwarding a request when the local named can't find a reference in the
table.  ?An authority setting?

My workaround is to stop named while I need a no-ip IP from the public
name server.  This works, but is not a satisfactory situation.

If this sounds quickly solvable, let me know what you need to know...

THANKS!

Warmest regards from here,
George