[GRLUG] test (of my new SMTP setting)

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:59:35 EST 2007

Talking about comcast ... :)

Has anyone had any trouble with "the internets" near the end of last
week, specifically I noticed it Thursday and my wife noticed it
Saturday?  I would go to any website and it would time out.  I'd then
hit refresh and it would come up.  Knowing just enough to sound like
an idiot, I thought it could possibly be a dns issue.  I change the
dns servers from Comcast's to opendns and this seemed to fix things.

I'm wondering if it was a dns issue or if it was a happy coincidence
that things picked up after the change.

On 1/16/07, john-thomas richards <jtr at jrichards.org> wrote:
> This is a test of my SMTP settings in exim.  Many have not received my emails
> over the past couple months.  Stupid Comcast.  Please ignore.
>
> Heh.  My random .sig is cool - sorry to be political - and is the reason I did
> not vote for the two big parties last fall.
>
> [/potential-political-flame-fodder]
>
> Please ignore.
>
> Seriously.
>
> I will ignore any replies.
>
> BTW, Debian's dpkg of vim blows away *any* package format of emacs, especially
> when combined with the bestest mail user agent of all time (mutt, not pine).
> --
> john-thomas
> ------
> The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of government power,
> not the increase of it.
> Woodrow Wilson, 28th president of the United States (1856-1924)

Share and Enjoy