[GRLUG] virtual machine current rec

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Sat Apr 30 20:09:21 EDT 2022

For a fully functional linux server on Win10, this is the quickest and freest way to go:
https://windows101tricks.com/run-ubuntu-on-windows-10/ <https://windows101tricks.com/run-ubuntu-on-windows-10/>

If she needs an X windows environment to work in, she could launch vnc server within.  For a full VM, VMWare player personal free use is good, and VirtualBox is also fairly functional on Windows.  I think Windows has a free personal use native hypervisor on it, but I haven’t run windows desktop on metal in 2 decades.

-Van