[GRLUG] Slightly OT, .. Bad URL redirect

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Fri Jun 4 16:08:07 EDT 2021

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:

> By default, check_http won't follow redirects, since that could be a sign
> of something broken/hijacked. You need to use --onredirect:

Aggreed. Unfortunately, while it does not work on the Nagios server where
it is configured:

$ ./check_http -S -H usam.com -f follow
connect to address usam.com and port 443: No route to host
HTTP CRITICAL - Unable to open TCP socket

It DOES work from another server:

$ ./check_http -H usam.com -f follow
HTTP OK: HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 85499 bytes in 0.613 second response time
|time=0.613182s;;;0.000000 size=85499B;;;0

Looks like lynx DOES work from the other server; I suspect it may be a LE
or chain problem, as it started that last time the cert updated.

	Thanks!