[GRLUG] Slightly OT, .. Bad URL redirect

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Fri Jun 4 15:59:53 EDT 2021

By default, check_http won't follow redirects, since that could be a sign
of something broken/hijacked. You need to use --onredirect:

-f, --onredirect=<ok|warning|critical|follow|sticky|stickyport>
    How to handle redirected pages. sticky is like follow but stick to the
    specified IP address. stickyport also ensures port stays the same.

Not sure if Lynx disables 301's by default too.
Cheers,
John Wesorick