[GRLUG] "From" adresses

Grand Rapids Linux Users Group grlug at grlug.org
Mon Apr 8 10:10:40 EDT 2019

On 4/8/19 9:13 AM, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Apr 2019, Grand Rapids Linux Users Group wrote:
>
>> I see the "From" address still lists "Grand Rapids Linux Users
>> Group"
>>
> IME, that is the only way to prevent some email servicers from complaning
> and rejecting list emails (most notably AT&T/Yahoo).
>
> 	Lee

This is the only list I'm on that does this, though.  I can't imagine
this is uncommon.  What I'm used to seeing is listserv software that
adds a "Reply-To" header and leaves "From" the same as in the original
inbound message, usually with an "In-Reply-To" reference from a previous
message so e-mail clients can keep thread hierarchy straight.  The GRLUG
list did this until hosting was moved, and I don't remember any problems
with that - take a look at messages prior to February for examples of
how the headers worked.  So I think it could be made to work.

Warm Regards,
Kyle Maas