[GRLUG] Samba passwds

Godwin godwin at grandrapids-lug.org
Sat Jan 9 02:12:24 EST 2016

If you're granting your local admin shell access, you could (via 'sudo'
command) grant him access to the 'smbpasswd' and 'pdbedit' commands, which
is how Samba manipulates users (passwords, policies, etc).  That's what I
do (with Samba 3.x) - still - running as a PDC to Windows PCs.

With Samba 4, manipulation from an actual Windows box is touted, but I
haven't played with it in a year.

G-