[GRLUG] Samba passwds

Gary Greene greeneg at tolharadys.net
Fri Jan 8 20:35:02 EST 2016

Swat is effectively dead from the Samba project’s perspective, so I’d really not recommend using it considering how it has broken more than a few SMB configurations from what I’ve seen.

If your machines are set up correctly, syncing password changes from the host to the ADDS server (whether a MS one or one running SMBd) should just work if using the newer ADS protocols, since it uses Kerberos for password half of the authentication.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Volunteer developer of the KDE F/OSS project and Project Lead for AltimatOS