[GRLUG] Printer + Linux = ?!

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 02:21:59 EDT 2015

Do you mean Pixma MP620? I couldnt find a record of an M620.

If so, this is discouraging:

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Canon/Canon-PIXMA_MP620

However, that information might be out of date. Check these pages:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/320800/how-to-install-canon-pixma-mp620

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp610linux/

If you aren't able to get it working, I'd be happy to come by, but
scheduling might be difficult. Ordinarily I could come by any weekday
morning but Friday, but this coming morning I have something else
scheduled. I might have a VERY little bit of time Friday afternoon.

Note that the printer does not need to be connected wirelessly for you to
print to it from a laptop or other device that is itself connected via
wifi, unless the printer needs to be moved around, or setup somewhere it is
not possible to connect it via wired ethernet. As long as the printer and
the computer you want to print from are connected to the same router..

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Kelly Vanderwell <kelly.vanderwell at gmail.com