[GRLUG] The Hills are Alive with Friday After...Six?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Jun 24 13:42:25 EDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 15:30 +0000, Michael Mol wrote
> Time: 6PM-9PM Fridays, every week unless cancelled
> Location: Highland Park. Google has the location wrong; here's a map
> point. https://goo.gl/maps/g5Tre

FA6 comes to my back yard!

> Commute: If you're driving, that map point shows where the entrance
> is, at Frontage & Grand Ave. If you're walking or taking the bus, then
> you can easily get to Highland Park from College Ave.

RAPID#15 or RAPID#11 [currently on detour - goes down College Ave].  Get
off at the apartment building immediately north of the freeway,  then
immediately north of the railroad tracks there is a path [east] which
descends into the park.

RAPID#13 or RAPID#19 get of at the old [now defunct] Kent Novelty shop
on Grand Ave.  Walk north,  the street swings away, but there is a wide
path [west] along the railroad tracks, under the freeway, that leads to
the park [less than a block].

> Power and Internet: I don't know.

No, on both counts AFAIK.  These things may be future amenities, there
is a contractor currently working in the park.