[GRLUG] FF 35.0.5 Weirdness

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Jan 13 12:32:18 EST 2015

Been using FF on SuSE 13.1 for almost a year, hibernating regularly [but
not always switching network profiles/WiFi].

On this trip, almost every time I sleep/resme, Firefox refuses to start
again:

 * DNS appears to work, as the hostname appears briefly in the screen
   status bar on the bottom

 * Immediately thereafter, the "cannot connect" screen appears

 * I normally already have a shell open, so the network is up and
   resolving DNS

I have to close all open instances (typically two or three) and restart,
and all is well.

Checked Proxy setting in FF, set to none, .. resolv.conf appears sane, ..
dig, host, and ping all work normally, .. can't see anything these that
may be getting borked.

Any pointers on troubleshooting?

	Thanks!

	Lee