[GRLUG] Virtualization host networking

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Dec 9 15:25:36 EST 2015

Building a new server for many guest machines for public services, ..
started with OpenSuSE & Xen for compatibility with our environment.

For best security, I would like to have an interfaces on the inside LAN
(e.g. 10.0.0.n), with the other on the public network.

What I can't wrap my head around is how to configure the network:

 The host machine has br0 (public) and br3 (private); how does one
 configure routing so the private network can connect for all ports,
 while the public network provides connection to each guest machine for
 web traffic (80/443 - nothing else)?

Any pointers or examples would be much appreciated.

	TIA!

	Le