[GRLUG] vtigercrm, Amazon EC2, SLES 11 and Outlook/vtiger add-on

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Thu Jan 23 10:48:46 EST 2014

Maybe someone here has an idea. Neither the vtiger forums nor the Amazon
EC2 seem to be able or willing to help.

We've got an Amazon AWS EC2 installation running SLES 11. Installed on
it is vtigercrm 6.0.0.It has what EC2 calls an "elastic IP":
http://n.n.n.n/tavtiger. There's also a subdomain URL from our domain
mapped to it.

We have no problems connecting with different webbrowers or via SSH. But
our problem is that when we install the vtigercrm add-on to M$ Outlook,
and we try to log into vtiger from Outlook, it claims
"vtiger server not found, please check the vtiger url."

The Outlook add-on works fine to a vtiger instance on our local server
(ClearOS/CentOS).

It doesn't seem to be a firewall issue, since setting the Security Group
Inbound Rules to allow all ports from all IP addresses still results in
the 'vtiger server not found' response.

(Although earlier versions of the vtiger/Outlook add-on are open source,
only the .exe of this latest version seems to be available. vtiger 6.0.0
stable has just been released and so the Outlook Add-on 6.0 is also
brand new. But either the developers of the add-on (I think it's people
are crm-now) don't look at the forum or they're not able to help...).

Interestingly, the vtiger Firefox toolbar plugin works fine and doesn't
have any URL problems.

It also seems to be the case that the add-on has been changed from a
SOAP to a RESTful web service.

Any ideas?

Thanks.