[GRLUG] chew on this and tell me what you think

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 10:44:26 EST 2014

I’m willing to host an event focused on installing and configuring an E-Mail Server using:

	Postfix
	CyrusIMAP
	CyrusSASL
	Amavisd-new
		ClamAV
		Spamassassin
	DKIM
	SPF

To promote a more thorough understanding, maybe we could split this into a 2-3 part series.

Part 1 — Get it up and running

Part 2 — Enhanced Email Authentication with DKIM and SPF

Part 3 — Virtual Domain Configuration (Amavis, CyrusIMAP, Postfix)

I have a small office with a conference room large enough for 20-25, enough bandwidth and plenty of hardware. I can probably get some money for pizza/drinks too, but help with that would be greatly appreciated.

I’d be willing to document and test the procedures prior to the meeting/s/.

Unless of course the group wants to do it with a package manager— a good idea when  the CLI-fu is not strong.

Each of the software compiles cleanly just about everywhere.
Perl is perl and Python is not, but if we mind the README, all should go well.

Ideally, this event would be held when the weather is warmer. My office is near Lamar Park and it would be kewl if we had a LUG frisbee golf tourney to follow.

-j
--
Justin Denick
justin.denick at gmail.com