[GRLUG] Exchange Replacement Opportunity

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:39:14 EST 2014

I'm a Postgres guy, but I do implement virtual domains in this setup.
That's primarily done by postfix configuration. (my hosts/nets).  It can be a real virtual host, allowing the same user to have different mailboxes per domain, or the mailboxes can be simulated/aliased to the same or another mapped user who can be local or remote.

Cyrus can also be configured to support multiple domains and multiple domain/authentication mechanisms via sasl,SQL,shadow and even PAM. I think PAM implements the same mechanisms, but in its own plugable way.

Most open source email software is heavily influenced by perl-- there's always going to be more than one way to do it. And like perl, that can get you into trouble if your not following the directions.

-j

--

Right to Life of Michigan
Director of Information Services