[GRLUG] Will adapters do the job?

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Sat Aug 23 22:03:07 EDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-08-23 at 21:39 -0400, Justin Denick wrote:
> Slax will start anything.

Regardless of BIOS boot order settings?

> But I do recall some optiplexes being picky about not using ps2 hid's
('hid's'?)

> How much nothing do you get--BIOS, POST, noise, numlock?
I did get two beeps during POST, HDD sounds like it's working, and there
was a light on the keyboard, don't remember if it was the numlock. So
maybe the ps/2 adapters are ok. Would the flatscreen monitor rather than
CRT cause a problem?

> If it's sat for too long you may need to replace the battery on the board.

If it comes to that I'll just pull the HDD and figure a different way to
test it and wipe it if necessary.