[GRLUG] Backup of user machines

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Aug 18 16:16:14 EDT 2014

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014, Patrick Goupell wrote:

> Seriously though, is there a way to copy from a windows pc without
> installing somethign on it?

Never said that, .. only wish to minimze extra cruft to install and manage
- e.g. Requiring Cygwin to setup an ssh tunnel to connect to the remote
storage.

For remote management, Cygwin is fine - it's setup on all of our remote
Windoze servers. For *user* machines, however, it should not be required.

> I know the bad guys do it.  BUt what about us good guys.  How do we do
> it safely?  We need something to talk to on the windows pc.

That's what the application is supposed to do, .. have seen some good
examples, have to check them out.

	Lee