[GRLUG] Postfix Error info

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 11:44:02 EDT 2013

Does your receiver-SMTP not log the transactions, and provide specific
details for cases where it rejects?

It is certainly always better if you can specifically describe what the
sending server is doing wrong.

One issue that used to be common with windows based servers is the use of
underscore in the "host name". Such names are illegal per RFC. Some
receivers accept them, some reject, some can be configured.

Ultimately, if the sender wishes to be able to send to you, it may come
down to them demanding that their server operator identify and fix the
problem.