[GRLUG] Any sendmail folks out there?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Oct 29 08:36:15 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-28 at 18:51 -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Oct 2013, Mark Farver wrote:
> > Another article, this one specifically says that
> > /etc/mail/service.switch has to be created and a line added to
> > sendmail.cf referencing it.
> > http://devnull.crapules.com/2008/04/04/setup-sendmail-without-dns
> Bingo! Looks like it is finally using the IP from /etc/hosts!
> Unfortunately, the changes seem to be forcing TLS, which is unavailable:

Nothing at that URL looks like it relates to SSL/TLS.  I'd guess that
you already had it configured to do that, and as it is now 'working' you
are just on to the next broken thing.

> Oct 28 18:47:35 WTWeb sendmail[21565]: r9SNlZf1021563: r9SNlZf1021565:
> DSN: Service unavailable
> I am not that familiar with TLS and sendmail - does this mean that TLS
> is not available, or something else?

That is how I would read it; but sendmail is legendary for its opaque
messages.  Can you test performing a TLS connection?

openssl s_client -starttls smtp -connect smtp.example.com:25 \
   -crlf -CAfile ~/ca.example.com.pem

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383