[GRLUG] fedora won't boot

ebever at researchintegration.org ebever at researchintegration.org
Wed Nov 20 22:28:31 EST 2013

I chose "install updates and restart" but now fedora 19 won't boot all the way.
It hung about half way through filling out the little fedora circly thing. When
I restarted it it seemed to go ok for a while and then hung after showing a
bunch of lines on the screen. The last two were

[  7.510831 ]  [<ffffffff8163db10>]  ? rest_init+0x80/0x80
[  7.510902 ] ---[ end trace e37f0330f34b0303 ] ---

Does anyone know what may have happened and what I need to do? I tried
restarting it once more and got the same result, with slightly different
numbers ( 2.490... and a different end trace number).

When I restarted it and chose the second listed kernel rather than the top one,
it seemed to boot OK. Maybe the update was a new kernel version and that didn't
install properly? If so, what's the procedure? Just try "Install Updates and
Restart" again?

Thanks.