[GRLUG] fstab query

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Tue Nov 12 14:43:51 EST 2013

I suspect it would work using /dev/sdc2. The reason I wanted to use the
UUID was in case it got moved to a different USB port or something else
caused it to be something other than 'sdc'. We'll be running a cron job
to back up to that drive and don't want a problem in case at some point
it becomes /dev/sdd2. Is that something we need to worry about?