[GRLUG] OT, .. Rebuildable RAID1

scott.tanner at comcast.net scott.tanner at comcast.net
Tue May 21 00:28:52 EDT 2013

Likewise , I don't have any experience with that card, but I have several servers running basic mirrors using LSI based HBA cards . These have no onboard cache and limit ed features compared to the more expensi ve RAID cards, but support R AID 0,1 and 1EE . Here's a nice listing of the vendor rebranding of these cards : http://forums.servethehome.com/raid-controllers-host-bus-adapters/19-lsi-raid-controller-hba-equivalency-mapping.html

I've bought several RAID and HBA cards used in the past, and had very few failures with them overall . I found a couple of the SAS HBA's on e ba y for as low as $35 , thou gh for the same price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LSI-Logic-MegaRAID-SAS-8308ELP-8-Port-RAID-Controller-with-07-00015-01-cable-/230978416840?pt=US_Server_Disk_Controllers_RAID_Cards&hash=item35c762f0c8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptec-RAID-ASR-3405-128mg-CONTROLLER-SAS-SATA-/230982452345?pt=US_Server_Disk_Controllers_RAID_Cards&hash=item35c7a08479

Regards,
Scott