[GRLUG] setting up a simple test email server

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 22:35:33 EDT 2013

At work I run a demo environment (All Windows Servers) and on my Domain
Controller I leverage Mail Enable for my demo mail server.  Mail Enable
provides a very simple SMTP and POP access along with webmail.  There is a
MMC (Microsoft Management Console) snap-in that allows for administrating
the system.

So I'm running several Ubuntu VMs at home that I play around with, but
would like to setup a simple internal mail server.  If you Google Ubuntu
and Mail server you get like 11000 results.  So I'm hoping you guys could
help out with this.

Basically be able to send and receive email all within my local network
(setup Kontact to send an email to a user also within my local system) and
nothing external or outbound.

I hope this makes sense what I am asking

Jonathan