[GRLUG] GRLUG/GRMakers Meeting THIS Wednesday January 9th - Calling ALL Makers!!

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:04:03 EST 2013

Hi Casey --

I've never been to your facility myself,
but it reads like a fabulous opportunity
for anyone the least bit serious about
Linux projects.  I built a large number of
small systems years ago, based on the
Motorola 68000 family of parts, as well
as Intel 8052AH-BASIC chips - floating
point.  But Linux was not available then,
and Unix was too expensive for the
hobbyist.  The opportunities today are
little short of breathtaking in comparision.

My father passed on a few years ago,
and if there is the need and-or demand
I might be able to supply to some parts
to the group.  Things like resistors and
transistors that one would use in interfaces.
We can talk about that some day.  I'd be
happy to see the stuff get some use.

Anyway, I haven't even heard of a
setup as plush as what you offer since
the days when I worked.  For those
gung-ho, it's really essentially a research
kind of environment, with all
of the expertise around, and facilities
available. Hopefully many people will
avail themselves of this splendid opportunity.

   -- Bob