[GRLUG] Ubuntu Mobile OS

Kyle dontwantspam1 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 3 10:42:33 EST 2013

Freedom and Choice are both largely true of Android, Open webOS, Firefox
OS, Meego, and Tizen.  Cross-platform app design is true of Open webOS,
Firefox OS, and Tizen, as well as probably others.  I don't mean to put
them down for contributing to more Freedom and Choice, but as much
market share as webOS lost, which for a while was well-supported by
carriers, had a large Palm fanbase behind it, and sold reasonably well,
Ubuntu Phone OS has a huge uphill battle ahead of them to develop a user
base capable of sustaining a project like that into the future.

My $0.02, for what it's worth.

- Kyle