[GRLUG] Windows Thumb Drive Issue

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Aug 30 16:16:43 EDT 2013

On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Eric Beversluis wrote:

> I take it that your comments about USB drive quality don't apply to
> solid-state hard drives--the latter use the same technology, don't they?
> Hopefully the quality-design and quality-control is better in the hard
> drive application.

Most SS drives are well into the $100s, so IME that is a different
'quality regime' comparted to a $10 thumb drive.

I would be slightly concerned about HD cards, but I never use them for
storage more than a few days. Pulling them off your camera, for example,
is much better for viewing than leaving hundreds IN your camera! I have
heard horror stores many times about a camera getting dropped and the user
loosing hundreds of pics; at least most smartphones offer Cloud backup
options.

	Lee