[GRLUG] php.ini won't update

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Fri Apr 26 14:17:16 EDT 2013

I'm trying to update my php.ini file on a clearos CE server. I've gone
into /etc/php.ini and changed upload_max_file size to 30M and
memory_limit to 700M, with vi. I've checked back a couple of times with
cat and the values in the file are correct. But phpinfo() is not showing
the new values and my SugarCRM keeps prompting me to change them.

I've restarted apache and restarted the server several times. That
hasn't helped. Checking Loaded Configuration File indicates that in
fact /etc/php.ini is the loaded file.

I'm working with a copy of the original php.ini file with the old one
renamed to Xphp.ini-bak. Presumably apache/php is not still reading that
one when it says it's reading php.ini.

Any ideas?

Thanks.