[GRLUG] Access or Base?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Apr 8 22:38:13 EDT 2013

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013, Eric Beversluis wrote:

> Re need for 'vendor support' (see above, near top): I'm more concerned
> that Windows 2020 won't run Access 2007 apps. But maybe that's a
> contingency I can't control for--and the customer maybe needs to
> continue to do incremental upgrades.

If that's *really* the goal, he needs to bite the bullet and move to a
webapp - at least that will be vendor independent, assuming Rails, PHP, or
another well supported language.

That does make it actually more important to keep updating, however, but
if the app is upgraded to keep pace with the underlying framework it
should be great in the long run.

Of course, another solution I just thought about is to build a XM VM and
just run the Foxpro app there forever.

	Lee