[GRLUG] gitlab or I know just enough to get me in trouble

Josh leapole at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:55:09 EDT 2012

hey guys,

i think you need to edit the server tags in you nginx.conf file

For my understanding apache uses some .conf files to set up extra webpages
--

/etc/apache2/conf.d/zoneminder.conf  - thats for the webpage zoneminder

I think they look like this

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin ramesh at thegeekstuff.com
    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/docs/thegeekstuff"
    ServerName thegeekstuff.com
    ServerAlias www.thegeekstuff.com
    ErrorLog "logs/thegeekstuff/error_log"
    CustomLog "logs/thegeekstuff/access_log" common
</VirtualHost>

In nginx that is in the nginx.conf file and should look something like this

    #server {
    #    listen       8000;
    #    listen       somename:8080;
    #    server_name  somename  alias  another.alias;

    #    location / {
    #        root   html;
    #        index  index.html index.htm;
    #    }
    #}

Those are default setting but you just need to mod them to your needs, Now
I will not comment on if you need passenger or other things like that