[GRLUG] NOT LINUX

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Fri Jun 8 13:05:29 EDT 2012

If you don't want to wait for Comcast, you can set up an IPv6 tunnel
through a tunnel broker like hurricane electric. With an unlocked router
firmware like OpenWRT or ddWRT you can have the router manage the tunnel
and broadcast the IPv6 routes to your LAN, but this isn't trivial. It's
far from impossible as I've managed to do it (although the IPv6 end of
things goes down fairly often), and the instructions from hurricane
electric are quite good. I have no idea whether your router can tunnel
IPv6 traffic over IPv4 or not, as not all systems that support IPv6
support tunneling also.