[GRLUG] multiple login on Mac

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:22:30 EST 2012

If you want to get technical, you can run X on the mac, but then it's
not very mac-ish.  When I'm forced to edit graphics at work ( which I
am horrible at BTW) I fire up XQuartz so I can run the gimp.  I've
also used XQuartz talking to a remote x server and that works fine.

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Adam  Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-01-07 at 14:04 -0500, Roger Roelofs wrote:
>> Mac graphical remote control is based on VNC.  You can use your
>> account as a login credential to the VNC server.  Doing that doesn't
>> create a separate graphical session.  You can log out of one graphical
>> 'session' and log in as another user, but there is only one 'display
>> context' so you can't have two users using the 'display' at the same
>> time.
>
> Cool to know; that's what I expected [they don't have a remote or
> frame-buffer type of 'display';  there display is linked to the physical
> display].

Roger

Roger Roelofs
Know what you value.