[GRLUG] another Raspberry Pi article

John Wesorick john at wesorick.com
Tue Nov 29 12:54:03 EST 2011

The main focus of the Raspberry Pi is in education. They are a charity.
From their website:

The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK registered charity (Registration Number
1129409) which exists to promote the study of computer science and related
topics, especially at school level, and to put the fun back into learning
computing.

We plan to develop, manufacture and distribute an ultra-low-cost computer,
for use in teaching computer programming to children. We expect this
computer to have many other applications both in the developed and the
developing world.

The hobbyist market is just icing. This is not designed for an HTPC, it
just so happens it MAY work well for one.