[GRLUG] Android scare tactics article

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 00:15:59 EST 2011

The problem is that the permissions model is too coarse. "Read/write
to the SD card" is necessary if you want the app to use more storage
than your phone has built-in. "Unlimited network access" appears to
mean "be able to open IP sockets". "Read phone state and identity" is
necessary for more than it ought to be, too.

The only app on my Android devices which doesn't require any special
privileges? Frozen Bobble.