[GRLUG] Ubuntu Oneiric

Topher topher at codeventure.net
Tue Nov 1 07:18:25 EDT 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011, Steve Romanow wrote:

> Fluxbox, Openbox, etc had WM menus on the rt mouse button.  Not
> Application menus though, per se.

Enlightenment 0.16 operates exclusively this way.  No bars at all, no
icons at all.  Click on the desktop and you get menus.  I set mine to be:

Left: lists term auto-sshing to machines I work on
Middle: Window manager settings
Right: Apps

When you click the top item is under the mouse pointer, so when I double
click the desktop I get a local terminal.  Very fast and handy.

Desktop bars of any kind annoy me.  They don't serve any purpose for me
and take up screen space.  They also get in the way of Edge Flip for
changing desktops.

I have a few screenshots of my E desktop here:
http://derosia.com/phlog/screenshots/

topher