[GRLUG] e-Books rule at Amazon

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:56:26 EDT 2011

That's the question, isn't it? If an eBook is DRM-free, there's no
mechanism for the distributor to retract it.

Amazon had a fiasco last year where they discovered they didn't have
legal right to distribute a book in the form they distributed it. They
removed it from customers' Kindles and gave the customers an
equivalent replacement, but the customers wound up losing their
bookmarks.