[GRLUG] ISP shopping

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:45:23 EDT 2011

Dry DSL is very likely the same thing as 'Naked DSL', which just means
that there's data, no voice. From the sounds of things, through some
ISPs, you can get as much as 15Mb/s down that way.

There's never going to be a guaranteed speed over a mundane copper
pair that's above 128Kb/s, though I expect most ADSL customers could
switch to 'SDSL', which appears to be unregulated T1 (which would get
you something like 1.544Mb/s up and down, each).

Anything beyond that is going to depend on how many thousands of feet
your copper line runs before it reaches the telco's DSLAM.