[GRLUG] Network Closet move

Don Wood donlumber at comcast.net
Wed Jun 15 10:40:01 EDT 2011

They sell them at Home Depot

From: grlug-bounces at grlug.org [mailto:grlug-bounces at grlug.org] On Behalf Of
John Wesorick
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:38 AM
To: Mailing List for LUG in greater Grand Rapids, MI area.
Subject: Re: [GRLUG] Network Closet move

You need a tone and probe
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899708055&cm_re=tone_
probe-_-99-708-055-_-Product> . You put the tone on one end of a cable, then
when you put the probe near the other end (doesn't need direct contact) of
the cable it makes a noise. You can hook it up to either a bare wire,
telephone wire or ethernet cable. Extremely useful when figuring out which
cable in a bundle is which.
-John Wesorick

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Benjamin Flanders <flanderb at gmail.com>