[GRLUG] Network Closet move

John Wesorick john at wesorick.com
Wed Jun 15 10:38:25 EDT 2011

You need a tone and
probe<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899708055&cm_re=tone_probe-_-99-708-055-_-Product>.
You put the tone on one end of a cable, then when you put the probe near the
other end (doesn't need direct contact) of the cable it makes a noise. You
can hook it up to either a bare wire, telephone wire or ethernet cable.
Extremely useful when figuring out which cable in a bundle is which.
-John Wesorick